Friday, December 26, 2014

In 2014 (written Dec 31st 2014)

My year was a beautiful success. I made new friends and got closer to some old friends. I gained and I lost people in my life all for the better but sadly I did lose a good neighbor and kind hearted man to the otherside.
I had friends who had babies, friends who got engaged and friends who walked down the aisle this year and I'm so happy for their love and major life moments :)
I did some light traveling and saw two ladies who I never see nearly enough. And I'm so happy to spend time with them even if it's too quick. In January for my beautiful Erica's birthday we got to go on a ghost tour of  Portland which made my desire to live there reach a new level of excitement (Im a sucker for history of cities) During the spring and summer I spent time staring at the ocean and keeping my feet in the sand, I feel so small and insignificant when I stare at the Pacific Ocean and that feeling is such a wonderful one. And after a few bad attempts I spent a great day on the beach with my two best friends. A day I will always cherish as one of the highlights of my year.
I got to be play dress up in 2014. I rocked a mustache and as close to men's attire as I could for my birthday party,  I got to wear a dress done in the style from the Italian Renaissance the day after my birthday, and before that I dressed as Batgirl, I rocked a tutu 3 different times, I had drawn on kitty whiskers, goofed off as Harley Quinn for Halloween and I wore more dresses,skirts and costumes this year then ever before and the  amount of glitter I wore could have sparkled up many strip clubs. I got happily drunk and miserably drunk. I flirted with many handsome gentlemen this year and may have kissed a few cute frogs as well. I danced. Oh how I danced. I surrounded myself with music, books, magic and laughter. I met two men I idol worshiped since I was very little and got pictures with them. I got to see Maya Rudolph live! I got to listen to Carey Elwes speak live this was the year of my childhood revisited in so many ways.
I've experienced so much in the last 365 days. I entered a new decade in my life but I exited my 20s in such a great way. I am over joyed and so excited to see where 2015 takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment