Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Self involved.

Over the past few days I have had to relearn that sometimes its ok to be selfish. Its ok to put yourself first and to seek out what YOU need. I often times feel guilty when I make a choice I know will have consequences for others, when I know I am inevitably making someone else's life harder so I might ease up on my own anxieties. I feel bad even when I know I shouldn't.  I was raised to be a people pleaser, its part of why I do well in customer service positions. This isn't a bad thing but one cannot put others needs before their own so much it hurts them.
I recently made a choice that would in some light be called selfish and yes I feel guilty though I shouldn't.  I am having to tell myself what I did benefits me and I shouldn't worry after all it is my life not someone elses. I am learning or I should say relearning to put my needs first and to find my happiness. If I am happy I am more likely to try and make others happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment